Campus communicators –

I hope everyone had a grea weekend. I am contacting you about the campus’ International Education Week, which is happening from Nov 15-19th this year.  The theme for the week is the Sustainable Development Goals, a set of 17 broad goals established by the U.N. and meant to ensure peace and prosperity for people and the planet.

As a part of the week, the Center for Global Engagement is also organizing a keynote address that week, and we are very pleased to be bringing in Hera Jay Brown (a recent UTK alumna) to speak about her international work as Fulbright fellow and now a Rhodes scholar.  We expect to hold her keynote address on Tuesday, Nov. 16th.

We wanted to ask if you have events during that week that might align with International Week and the Sustainable Development Goals, and if so, would you please submit those activities through our web portal, so that we might help collate all events and help publicize them widely.

You can Register your event at:  https://ihouse.utk.edu/international-education-week/
To be listed in our newsletter and in other publicity, please submit your events by or before FRIDAY, October 22nd.

The International House has set aside space in their building specifically for International Education Week events. This space is not visible on AdAstra, so please reach out to [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask] to inquire about availability. Space is limited, so please reach out as soon as you can.

Thank you!

With best regards,

Rachel Rui, PhD
Director of Asia Engagement and Communications Director

The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Center for Global Engagement
Room 110, International House
1623 Melrose Ave.

http://cge.utk.edu/

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram #UTKGlobal

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= To view the CAMPCOMM archives or Join/Leave the list: http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/campcomm.html