The Coastal Plains Regional Library System in Georgia has partnered with the GM HMI Lab at Georgia Tech (https://id.gatech.edu/research/gm-hmi-lab) to develop a more affordable version of the awesome mobile library vehicles that others have recently deployed. Will you help by completing this survey?

https://gatech.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_dcAsz0MR89ysa5o

Details: Coastal Plains Regional Library System is working with a group of students from the Georgia Tech GM HMI Lab (https://id.gatech.edu/research/gm-hmi-lab) to design a mobile outreach vehicle (TechMobile) that will allow us to expand services beyond the walls of our libraries. This team of students from Georgia Tech chose our project to give them real-world experience at researching a problem, analyzing a concept, conducting a needs assessment, and designing a solution. This project will help the students build practical skills for their future career paths while providing the library with valuable information that we would struggle to get on our own, hopefully, a win-win for all involved.

The end result of this collaboration should be a solid vehicle plan, including all the necessary specs, that we can then take to a local up-fitter to build. We know a bookmobile/mobile outreach vehicle industry already exists but none of those solutions are anywhere near our price range. Also, to help students learn the process from inception to completion, they will conduct needs assessments, send out community surveys, and gather other relevant data to support their project.

Our proposal is attached and I'm happy to provide more information about the selection process if you'd like. We anticipate great success for Library Anywhere over the first year, leading to the need for a more comprehensive service delivery point in the near future.  We want to be ready to move to the next step when that time comes.

If you'd like to help, please complete the survey: https://gatech.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_dcAsz0MR89ysa5o

Thanks in advance for your interest and support of these students and our library system.

Sincerely,

Sandy

Sandy Hester

Director

Coastal Plain Regional Library System - serving Ben Hill, Berrien, Cook, Irwin, Tift, and Turner Counties

2014 Chestnut Avenue

Tifton, GA 31794

(229) 386-3400 - main; (229) 386-3661 - direct

www.cprl.org

Jennifer Cowan-Henderson

Director of Planning and Development

Tennessee State Library and Archives

Office of Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett

1001 Rep. John Lewis Way North

Nashville, TN 37219

p 615-741-1923

f 615-532-9904

This electronic mail may be subject to the Tennessee Public Records Act, Tenn. Code Ann. §10-7-503 et seq.  Any reply to this email may also be subject to this act.

The mission of the Office of the Secretary of State is to exceed the expectations of our customers, the taxpayers, by operating at the highest levels of accuracy, cost-effectiveness, and accountability in a customer-centered environment.

Secretary of State Social Media Links:

www.facebook.com/TennesseeSecretaryofState

www.facebook.com/TNStateLibraryArchives/timeline