TEL is getting very excited to unveil the improved TEL4U website! On October 1st, TEL4U will have a new look, new resources and improved design and accessibility while keeping familiar characters and themes.

Take a look at the demo site - https://www.galesupport.com/state/tel2/index.php.

  *   Improved design and navigation that works on all devices
  *   New resources added to each section
  *   New Coding Club resources to introducing coding and other digital literacy topics

[cid:[log in to unmask]]

TEL4U.org is the Tennessee Electronic Library's website for Tennessee's youngest learners. The website has been updated with a new look, new resources and a new computer/coding section. As more students are learning on the go from phones, tablets and computers, this site is easy to use! Whether you are at the library, at school or at home, you can always find great info, fun and games on TEL4U.org.

With these updates, TEL4U will continue to provide excellent, educational resources like World Book and Gale in Context: Elementary but there are new resources for learning from great educational institutions like the Smithsonian and even the Old Farmer's Almanac. We've adding a Coding Club section with resources to practice and learn about computers and coding for our youngest students as well as resources for parents and teachers to make learning about internet safety understandable and fun.  We've also paid special attention to making the site more accessible for learners of all types.

[cid:[log in to unmask]]

What do I need to do?
All changes should happen seamlessly on the morning of October 1st. No changes to urls will be needed. Logos will remain the same.

I have some suggestions for additional resources. Who should I send them to?
Send them to me to review! TEL4U features the TEL subscription databases for Pre-K through Grade 5 students but we also link to freely available educational resources that have limited ads and commerce components.

Do you have any social media I can share on October 1st?
Sure do! Find some attached preformatted images as well as just some of the generic logos and buttons. Feel free to use the language from this email to send out information to your patrons if you have a newsletter. If anyone creates some other social media posts, I'm happy to share! #tel4u #TennesseeElectronicLibrary #IMLS

I've got better space jokes!
Everyone thinks they're a comet...I mean comic! Send me your jokes!

Can I add my TEL location ID to TEL4U?
No. Patron usage of TEL4U is captured by the general TEL account.

Thanks!

Andrea Zielke
TEL Administrator
Tennessee Electronic Library<https://www.tntel.info/>
Tennessee State Library and Archives
Office of Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett
1001 Rep. John Lewis Way North
Nashville, TN 37219
p 615-532-4627
f 615-532-9904

This electronic mail may be subject to the Tennessee Public Records Act, Tenn. Code Ann. §10-7-503 et seq.  Any reply to this email may also be subject to this act.

The mission of the Office of the Secretary of State is to exceed the expectations of our customers, the taxpayers, by operating at the highest levels of accuracy, cost-effectiveness, and accountability in a customer-centered environment.

Secretary of State Social Media Links:
www.facebook.com/TennesseeSecretaryofState<http://www.facebook.com/TennesseeSecretaryofState>
www.facebook.com/TNStateLibraryArchives/timeline<http://www.facebook.com/TNStateLibraryArchives/timeline>