I know it’s a little late but if you have time at lunch, join us for the first Tennessee State Library & Archives Lunchtime Speaker Series event, a look back at Tennessee’s Centennial Celebration led by the preeminent expert on the subject, Historian David Ewing today at Noon CT.

This Lunchtime Speaker Series event will be livestreamed on the Library & Archives’ Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/TNStateLibraryArchives) and the Secretary of State’s YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/c/SecTreHargett).

Happy Friday!

Andrea

From: Tennessee State Library & Archives <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, September 9, 2021 8:05 AM
To: Andrea N. Zielke <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Library & Archives Lunchtime Speaker Series

Join us for a FREE presentation

Lunchtime Speaker Series Commemorating Tennessee’s 225 Years of History

Featured Presentation: A look back at Tennessee’s Centennial Celebration
The story behind the world’s fair-style event in Nashville

Friday, September 10, 2021

Noon - 1 p.m. CT

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO ATTEND IN PERSON

Registrations are required to attend in person due to limited seating.
This presentation is free and open to the public.

The new Tennessee State Library & Archives is located on Bicentennial Capitol
Mall State Park, across from the Tennessee State Museum.

1001 Rep. John Lewis Way North
Nashville, TN 37219

Free parking is available for guests in the Library & Archives
garage on Jackson Street/Junior Gilliam Way.

This Lunchtime Speaker Series event will be in person and livestreamed on the
Library & Archives’ Facebook page and the Secretary of State’s YouTube channel.

Historian David Ewing

Tennessee State Library & Archives is excited to announce a new lecture series revealing the stories behind significant events in Tennessee’s rich 225-year history.

The first Tennessee State Library & Archives Lunchtime Speaker Series event, a look back at Tennessee’s Centennial Celebration led by the preeminent expert on the subject, Historian David Ewing. The lecture will explore the stories behind Tennessee’s Centennial Celebration of statehood in 1896 and the Tennessee Centennial Exposition in 1897.

David Ewing, a ninth-generation Nashville native, has the largest private collection of historic memorabilia related to the Tennessee Centennial Exposition. He has served on the board of the Parthenon, the Hermitage, Traveller’s Rest and Cheekwood. He is a graduate of Vanderbilt Law School, Leadership Nashville and is a past president of the Young Leaders Council. In 2009, Ewing created The Nashville I Wish I Knew, Facebook and Instagram accounts which have more than 14,000 followers. He also founded Nashville History On Tour, which offers classic and custom historic tours.

This Lunchtime Speaker Series event will be in person and livestreamed on the Library & Archives’ Facebook page and the Secretary of State’s YouTube channel. In person attendees are welcome to bring their lunch. This event is free to the public. To make a reservation to attend in person, visit bit.ly/TN225TCC. Seating is limited.

After the presentation, in person attendees can view items related to Tennessee’s Centennial Celebration from Ewing’s and the Library & Archives’ collections. In person attendees can also take a guided tour of the new facility.

This workshop is free, and open to the public.
Reservations are required to attend in person due to limited seating.

Our mission is to exceed the expectations of our customers, the taxpayers, by operating at the highest levels of accuracy, cost-effectiveness and accountability in a customer-centered environment.

Twitter

Facebook

Instagram

YouTube