Greetings colleagues,

So far we only have a few topics that have been submitted for discussion at our meeting in October:

  *   Audit findings - Recent and on-going audit experiences.  Important findings.  Experience with auditors.  Related new practices developed.
  *   Hybrid and remote work operations - Perhaps a joint discussion between finance and HR
  *   Training and Compliance - Success stories.  Areas to improve.
  *   Federal Capacity Grant Accountability w/in university (internal management strategies with faculty and departments)
  *   Budget Models at respective universities and within colleges or senior management areas (research, extension, etc).
  *   User fees, registration fees, publication fees, revenue generation
  *   State by State Guide to the Southern Region - Anne Cook graciously began building the attached document which can be very helpful as a guide to understanding how our Southern Region university partners are organized.  Discussion would center around expanding this document and building it out for all universities within the region.    We previously discussed updating this on a regular basis...but it would be good to discuss what kinds of important information would be useful to include for 1862, 1890, and 1994 institutions (do we have any 1994s in our region...maybe Oklahoma with College of Muscogee nation?).
  *   Startup package survey - discussion on how to put together a survey of startup package funding for new faculty.  What are the relevant questions and how can we normalize what we are saying is part of a startup package.

Please please please submit other topics by replying to this email.  The more topics, the better.

Thank you and we do hope to see you in Virginia in October!!

If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Steve

p.s.  I have copied the HR listserv on this as well since we do have some overlapping topics above.  If there are HR topics, please don't hesitate to send those to Stephanie Brown [log in to unmask] (Our HR Director).

Stephen Kleiber
Assistant Dean for Finance and Administration
College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Virginia Tech
540-357-0146

Be Committed. Be Well.<https://vt.edu/ready/well.html>

[cid:d729449b-e355-45f9-bc24-9c96651d8e37]<http://www.cals.vt.edu>