Happy Big Orange Friday!

I wanted to update all of you about the wireless issues we had a few weeks ago.

As you know, over the last few weeks, our wireless infrastructure has been unstable, typically failing around peak class population times as students and faculty get connected. As of today, our campus wifi has been consistently available since the afternoon of September 1. With no major issues identified on Tuesday or Wednesday of this week, we've updated the network status on our System Status Center to Green.

Our team worked with our vendor and used feedback from other institutions facing similar issues to implement additional changes over the holiday weekend. We understand the importance of being connected at all times and apologize for the inconvenience.  We continue to be in conversations to address the root cause of the failure and will be taking additional steps to minimize further risk. If you hear from anyone that continues to have issues, please recommend they contact the OIT HelpDesk, and we will investigate as quickly as possible.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Have a great weekend, and Go Vols!
Rose

[http://images.utk.edu/images/interface/ut-emailsignature.gif]
Rose Parker
Assistant Director
The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Office of Information Technology, Support Organization
OIT SUPPORT
Course Delivery * Desktop Support * HelpDesk * Instructional Support * Research Support
Stay informed. Sign up for weekly technology updates<http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/itweekly.html> or monthly researcher and instructor-focused news<http://utk.us3.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=a348841b15d00f4d14e00fb59&id=8a0f6d9e0d>.

To view the CAMPCOMM archives or Join/Leave the list:
http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/campcomm.html