Sent: Monday, August 23, 2021 2:26 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Don Reynolds

Dear Friends and Good People,

This is how our loyal friend Don Reynolds always addressed this list of his library peers. Don at age 79, of Talbott, passed away last Monday, August 16, 2021 at Life Care of Jefferson City. No services are scheduled. Arrangements are by Westside Chapel Funeral Home in Morristown.

Don was Founding Director/Former President of The Association for Rural & Small Libraries from 2007-2008 and President/active member of Friends of Tennessee Libraries (FOTL) after his retirement as Regional Director for the Nolichucky region. He had an unwavering passion for libraries. We worked with him at the state library to support FOTL. He was constantly asking me for library statistics and state rankings and I tried to keep up with him as best I could! I will miss my long conversations with him and will continue to be inspired by his advocacy for our libraries.

As he would say “Take care and keep safe”.

These are some of the quotes he always liked to end with.

DISCLAIMER:  This email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty

and in no way are to be considered flaws.

The older I get, the less I know.  It's wonderful - it makes the world so spacious.

~  Swami Chetanananda

What good does it do to know everything when you don’t understand anything?

~  Donald Sutherland

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.

~ Harry Truman

Learning to ignore things is one of the great paths to inner peace.

~  Robert J. Sawyer

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

~  Aesop

I believe without laughter there’s no point at all.

~ Lauren Bacall

Be Happy.  It's one way of being wise.

~ Sidone Gabrielle Colette

Last year I joined a support group for procrastinators. We haven't met yet!

Since retiring, I wake up in the morning with nothing to do -

and by bedtime it's only half done.

~ Bill Yates, small society

God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things -

right now, I'm so far behind, I will never die.

~ Anonymous

May the good Lord make you smart enough to live in a small town.

~ Radio news announcer in The Runaway Bride

He who reads books knows more.

Take change by the hand before it takes you by the throat.

~ Sam McKinney

Just because everything is different doesn't mean anything has changed.

~ Irene Peter

Christy

Christy M. Chandler | State Data Coordinator

Tennessee State Library & Archives

Office of Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett

1001 Rep. John Lewis Way N.

Nashville, TN 37219

work 615.532.4601 :: fax 615.532.9904

This electronic mail may be subject to the Tennessee Public Records Act, Tenn. Code Ann. 10-7-503.  Any reply to this email may also be subject to this act.

The mission of the Office of the Secretary of State is to exceed the expectations of our customers, the taxpayers, by operating at the highest levels of accuracy, cost-effectiveness, and accountability in a customer-centered environment.

Secretary of State Social Media Links:

www.facebook.com/TennesseeSecretaryofState

www.facebook.com/TNStateLibraryArchives/timeline