From: Thomas, Michael L <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, August 2, 2021 8:46 AM
To: FW3 FO FS ALL <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: FW3 RO FS ALL <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Fish Biologists GS-0842-9/11 (full performance level 11) Vacancy Announcement

Hello Folks,

The Midwest Region 3 Green Bay WI, Carterville IL Fish & Wildlife Conservation Offices (FWCOs), and the Wilmington IL Sub-station are seeking to fill three permanent Fish Biologist positions: GS-0482-09/11 (full performance level of GS-11).  The positions maybe filled at either the GS-09 or GS-11 grades. One position is located in each of the following: Carbondale IL, New Franken, WI, and Wilmington, IL.  The duties at each location will provide support to one or more of the following program areas: Native Species Restoration, Aquatic Invasive Species Early Detection and Monitoring, or Partnerships and Aquatic Habitat Restoration. In addition each position will include some supervisory responsibilities.

On behalf of Susan Wells (Green Bay), Nate Evans (Wilmington), and Ben Marcek (Carterville), I'm writing to let you know of these opportunities to recruit to our teams three permanent Fish Biologists. Each FWCO is working hard to mange aquatic invasive species and advancing conservation and management of native species and their habitats. Each office's local and surrounding communities afford many opportunities to help maintain an appropriate work/life balance.

Please feel free to reach out to any one of us to learn more about the primary roles and responsibilities for each of position. We’d also like to ask that you help us spread the word about these opportunities to join one of our FWCO Teams. The ideal team members will bring complementary knowledge, skills, and abilities in technical fishery and aquatic resources, along with the ability to lead small teams through demonstrated leadership competencies in the areas of team building, problem solving, partnering, and creativity and innovation.

The announcement numbers for these positions are R3-21-11189589-CU-DE (delegated examining unit) and R3-21-11189590-CU- (Merit Promotion).  The links for the postings are below.

R3-21-11189589-CU-DE - https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/609381200

R3-21-11189590-CU-MP - https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/609381100

The vacancy announcements are open from August 2 - 16, 2021.

Sincerely,

Mike

Project Leader

U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service

Carterville FWCO & Wilmington Sub-Office

292 San Diego Road

Carbondale, IL 62901

Phone: 618-997-6869 x102

Cell: 618-201-1191