Good morning!

As some of you may have noticed, our redesigned utk.edu homepage launched today, featuring content for prospective students who visit the site as part of their college search process. This is the work that the chancellor and Jacob Rudolph mentioned in their CommuniCon remarks earlier this month. We’re excited to use the homepage to highlight information related to prospective students’ most frequently asked questions and to feature images and content that illustrate what it means to be a Volunteer.

There are likely faculty and staff in your unit who are accustomed to using this page to access specific resources. Please encourage them to explore the enhanced search feature on the site and look in the footer to access our most frequently used resources.

This redesign is the result of collaboration between our office and other campus communicators. The web developer community, for example, has been actively engaged in discussions about and development of shared design resources that have been influential in this work. This is the first step in a larger effort across university websites to ensure that we’re providing the information our audiences need when and where they need it. Continuing to improve digital resources for faculty, staff, and current students is an important part of that effort.

You may get questions from the folks you work with about what this means for them and for your unit’s website. If you receive any questions that you can’t answer or have questions of your own, email [log in to unmask].

--

Christopher Echols
Director of Digital Communications

The University of Tennessee, Knoxville