Dear TLA Members,

The Digital Library of Tennessee (DLTN) recently developed a Statement on Potentially Harmful Language and Content and would like your feedback. As there are many institutions who have contributed to DLTN who are not represented on the DLTN Committee, we wanted to share this request for feedback widely. Please feel free to comment on the doc itself or send me an email ([log in to unmask]) if you have suggestions. We will be collecting and addressing comments through August 16th. Once any suggestions are addressed, we plan to link to this statement on https://tn.dp.la.

Other DPLA hubs, such as Digital Commonwealth, as well as libraries across the country are adopting similar statements. See our “Resources” list at the bottom of the statement for more examples. We hope that our own statement will encourage visitors to question and actively engage with our collections.

Thanks so much for your consideration!

Sincerely,

Meredith

Meredith Hale