Hi folks,

I wanted to send out some further information about the ARPA Emergency Connectivity Funds (ECF).   As you know, the application window opens today!

  1. Will there be a special filing window?  YES.  The window will open on Tuesday, June 29th and close on Tuesday, August 13th.  So, you have 45 days to apply.  Applicants will be able to apply for eligible expenses/purchases made between July 1, 2021 and June 30, 2022.

  1. What pre-application steps do I need to take?  As I sent in a previous message:
  1. FCC Registration Number:  If you don’t already have one, you need an FCC Registration Number

How do I find my FCC Registration Number?

  1. Set up an ECF Portal Account (USAC is calling the portal accounts for the ECF program ECF portal accounts).

  1. Register with SAM.Gov (System for Awards Management).  It is recommended that you first search SAM.Gov to see if your organization is registered already.  Note:  you can apply for the ECF program before your SAM.Gov registration is approved but will not be able to receive reimbursements until it is approved.  So, that means you don’t have to have registered with SAM.Gov when you apply for ECF, but you will need to before you seek reimbursement.

  1. Be thinking about equipment/services you might need:

A few important points to know before you apply:

Certification for ‘unmet needs’:  Libraries must provide patrons with a copy of an eligible use policy explaining that equipment or service is intended for library patrons who do not otherwise have access to equipment or services sufficient to meet the patron’s educational needs.  Libraries will also have to certify that they are only seeking support for eligible equipment and/or service provided to library patrons who have signed and returned a statement saying that they would otherwise lack such access.  Libraries will have to retain these signed documents for a 10-year period (same as the E-Rate documents must be retained).

  1. Application process:
  1. Once the application window opens (June 29th), you can complete your Emergency Connectivity Fund FCC Form 471 (this will be similar to the E-Rate program’s Form 471).  Users with a One Portal account already should be able to login to your portal, go through the two-step MFA (multifactor authentication) process and then have the option to select the Emergency Connectivity Funds program in your dashboard.  Again, USAC will deploy the new ECF program option within the dashboards on June 29th
  2. Applicants must both complete and certify the form during the filing window.
  1. Much like the E-Rate process, you will submit your application, USAC will review it and then determine your funding and notify you about your funding decision.

  1. Training/support:

As always, should you have questions, please feel free to email your Regional Assistant Director (if you’re in the regions) or me.  I will also plan to host a Q&A session as well in the next couple of weeks, so stay tuned for further information!

Liz

Liz Thigpen Schreck | Director

Ocoee River Regional Library

State E-rate Coordinator for Public Libraries

Office of Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett

718 George St., NW, Athens, TN 37303

P. (423) 745-5194 – office;  (423) 649-1583 - direct

Regional Toll Free - (855) 692-8186

Fax (423) 649-1501

This electronic mail may be subject to the Tennessee Public Records Act, Tenn. Code Ann. §10-7-503 et seq.  Any reply to this email may also be subject to this act.

The mission of the Office of the Secretary of State is to exceed the expectations of our customers, the taxpayers, by operating at the highest levels of accuracy, cost-effectiveness, and accountability in a customer-centered environment.

Secretary of State Social Media Links:

www.facebook.com/TennesseeSecretaryofState

www.facebook.com/TNStateLibraryArchives/timeline