Good Afternoon!

I’m happy to announce TEL’s online encyclopedia contract was awarded to World Book through 2026; contracts are awarded following the State’s RFP process.

Here are the World Book databases included in TEL:

You can access all the databases using the World Book Super Homepage.

Over the last few months, World Book has updated the look of its Super Homepage and Icons. If you are doing some clean up on your website, I’ve attached the graphics including one for the World Book Super Homepage; this is a good option if you have limited Website real estate to list all the WB variations.  Additional graphics can be found at https://www.worldbookonline.com/myaccount/downloads?id=Graphics.

World Book Insider certificate program

You have 5 years to master all of World Book if you haven’t already. You can get a start on it with the new World Book certificate program to enhance your understanding of World Book. The certification program has multiple levels, is self-paced and may count toward your CE/PD credits depending on your umbrella organization. I’ve started it and I’m learning about some about some features and tricks that even I didn’t know about!

During the next few weeks, I’ll share more detailed information the different databases, training/marketing materials and ways to integrate WB with your SSO/LMS systems.

Andrea Zielke

TEL Administrator

Tennessee Electronic Library

Tennessee State Library and Archives

Office of Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett

1001 Rep. John Lewis Way North

Nashville, TN 37219

p 615-532-4627

f 615-532-9904

This electronic mail may be subject to the Tennessee Public Records Act, Tenn. Code Ann. §10-7-503 et seq.  Any reply to this email may also be subject to this act.

The mission of the Office of the Secretary of State is to exceed the expectations of our customers, the taxpayers, by operating at the highest levels of accuracy, cost-effectiveness, and accountability in a customer-centered environment.

Secretary of State Social Media Links:

www.facebook.com/TennesseeSecretaryofState

www.facebook.com/TNStateLibraryArchives/timeline