From: Yerden, Xiaoyi <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, Jun 17, 2021 at 10:52 AM
Subject: Request for Workshop Assistance –Workshop on Public Libraries’ Role in Building Smart Communities
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>

Dear Cathy  Farley,

Hope this email finds you well!

My name is Xiaoyi Zhao-Yerden and I am a research assistant at the Center for Technology in Government (https://www.ctg.albany.edu/), University at Albany, State University of New York.

We will host a virtual workshop to present our Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) funded research project Enabling Smart, Inclusive, and Connected Communities: The Role of Public Libraries ((see https://www.ctg.albany.edu/projects/imls2017/). We would like to ask for your help to promote this workshop among your public library members.

At the end of this email, you will find a short description of the workshop and registration link that you can include in your listservs, newsletter, and/or social media you use to communicate with your public library association members.

Thanks for your help in advance!! If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the project’s research assistant, Xiaoyi Zhao-Yerden at [log in to unmask] or the project’s manager, Brian Burke at [log in to unmask].

Sincerely,

Xiaoyi Zhao-Yerden

Project Research Assistant @ Center for Technology in Government (CTG UAlbany)

Ph.D. Candidate in Information Science @ College of Emergency Preparedness, Homeland Security, and Cybersecurity

University at Albany | 135 Western Ave. | Albany, NY 12222

https://www.linkedin.com/in/xiaoyizhao

https://www.ctg.albany.edu/projects/imls2017/

Title: You’re invited! Public Libraries and Smart Communities Virtual Workshop on July 21, 2021

Content: Dear Public Library Directors, Staff and Colleagues,

We would like to invite you to a virtual workshop where our team of researchers from the Center for Technology in Government, University at Albany, State University of New York (CTG UAlbany) will present the results from our Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) funded research project Enabling Smart, Inclusive, and Connected Communities: The Role of Public Libraries. These results include a publicly available online toolbox that contains a set of resources to help public libraries engage and significantly contribute to their communities’ smart city and community initiatives.

Virtual Workshop date and time: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 10AM – 12PM Eastern Time.

Please register for the workshop by July 20th at https://forms.gle/uh6hSTRM3jSqC3WdA. Once you register, you will receive an email from CTG’s Brian Burke with the Zoom Meeting link.

Please do not hesitate to contact Brian at [log in to unmask] with any questions. You can find out more information about our research as well as the link to our project’s Facebook page at https://www.ctg.albany.edu/projects/imls2017/.

All our best,

Mila Gasco-Hernandez, PI of project Enabling Smart, Inclusive, and Connected Communities: The Role of Public Libraries, also on behalf of the rest of the CTG UAlbany research team