Andrea,

Those are all great areas, and this will be a great and very helpful addition to TEL. When I was a high school librarian, I had teaching assistants and volunteers who wanted resources to help them study for the Praxis.

If possible, I would recommend adding secondary English/Language Arts Content Knowledge to go along with the Math.

Also if you could add Special Education, that would be much appreciated. There are a lot of people who may work as assistants with special needs students and really have a heart for it, but they need help getting certified as teachers. It’s also a field that lends itself to compassion fatigue and high turnover. There are several sub-fields, though, so maybe just stick with the comprehensive test.

Julie Dahlhauser, Assistant Director

Hatchie River Regional Library
Office of Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett

63 Executive Drive

Jackson, TN 38305

Office: 731.668.0710

Fax: 731.668.6663

This electronic mail may be subject to the Tennessee Public Records Act, Tenn. Code Ann. 10-7-503 et seq.  Any reply to this email may also be subject to this act.

The mission of the Office of the Secretary of State is to exceed expectations of our customers, the taxpayers, by operating at the highest levels of accuracy, cost-effectiveness, and accountability in a customer-centered environment.

Secretary of State Social Media Links:

www.facebook.com/TennesseeSecretaryofState

www.facebook.com/TNStateLibraryArchives