From: Andrea N. Zielke
Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2021 1:18 PM
To: TEL TSLA <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Survey -- Gale in Context: Elementary ebooks

Hi all!

Gale rolled out a new feature in Gale in Context: Elementary where they feature books embedded in the database as a new content type. Students won’t need to navigate to a different database and the books will be restricted to only K-5 titles. All titles are unlimited, simultaneous users so a whole class can look at the book at the same time.

Here is where I need your help! Take a look at the new platform and let me know if you think we should start developing that collection. Take a look at the titles (attached) and the database and spend a few minutes filling out a survey. We will have trial access to these ebooks until June 15th. Some additional titles will be added to the trial in the next week or so.

  1. Go to Gale in Context: Elementary
  2. Explore the ebooks
  3. Fill out the survey by June 15th

Thanks!

Andrea

Andrea Zielke

TEL Administrator

Tennessee Electronic Library

Tennessee State Library and Archives

Office of Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett

1001 Rep. John Lewis Way North

Nashville, TN 37219

p 615-532-4627

f 615-532-9904

This electronic mail may be subject to the Tennessee Public Records Act, Tenn. Code Ann. §10-7-503 et seq.  Any reply to this email may also be subject to this act.

The mission of the Office of the Secretary of State is to exceed the expectations of our customers, the taxpayers, by operating at the highest levels of accuracy, cost-effectiveness, and accountability in a customer-centered environment.

Secretary of State Social Media Links:

www.facebook.com/TennesseeSecretaryofState

www.facebook.com/TNStateLibraryArchives/timeline