If you've been considering a library degree and perhaps felt you'd missed your opportunity to join the first SLIM Arkansas cohort, this announcement may be just the news you've been waiting for.  Students in our area can now begin the program at any time, at a significantly reduced cost.  Please let me know if you have any questions about the program or the application process.  My contact information is below.
_____________________________

Emporia State University’s School of Library and Information Management (SLIM) has been providing an ALA-accredited Master of Library Science (MLS) program in a hybrid format since 1988. Faculty would travel to our regional locations for weekend class intensives twice a semester and our regional directors served as academic advisors. This high-quality learning experience brought in-person learning to many states for decades. However, due to COVID-19 and travel restrictions, SLIM has had to pivot to a fully online model with virtual weekend classes. During the pandemic, our faculty has continued to deliver the same high quality of instruction as the pre-COVID era and we have decided to offer this fully online program starting this fall.

Our new fully online MLS program will offer convenience and affordability with a total cost of about $19,000 for the whole degree. Most of our students complete the 36 credit hour program in 2 years by taking 6 credits a semester while working full time. ESU and SLIM offer high-impact learning and generous scholarship opportunities to support our students during and after their education.

We are currently admitting students for the Fall 2021 semester. For more information, please visit our application page at https://www.emporia.edu/school-library-and-information-management/admissions-costs-scholarships/admissions-process/applying-master-library-science/   or contact us at    [log in to unmask]

Sincerely,

Wooseob Jeong

Dean, SLIM

I look forward to hearing from you!

Tina

Tina Murdock

Director, Arkansas Program

School of Library and Information Management

www.emporia.edu