Online classes from LYRASIS: May 2021

Civic Literacy: Integrate and Implement

5/20/2021 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM Eastern Standard Time

Register now

Instructor: Mary Evangeliste

“Academic libraries should claim the fundamental goal of helping our students become empowered, information literate global citizens." -Gwendolyn Reece

In this session we will examine our role in educating the community about how to actively participate and initiate change in their local community and the greater society. We will explore ways to directly connect students and faculty’s work with engagement. This session will explore how civic literacy can enhance the library’s central role in information sharing, convening, and facilitating community engagement.

More Upcoming Classes:

Digitizing Rare Books - 5/4

Digital Life Vests: How Cultural Heritage Institutions can Lend a Hand in Preserving Podcasts – 5/5 and 5/6

IIIF and Museums - 5/6 – in partnership with IIIF

So what can you do with AI in libraries? - 5/11 – in partnership with San José State University

Testing for Accessibility: Free Tools to Assess the Accessibility of Online Resources - 5/12

Instructional Design for Librarians: Basic Concepts and Practical First Steps - 5/13

Disaster Planning and Preparedness (This is a Multi-Session Event) - 5/18 and 5/19

Civic Literacy: Integrate and Implement - 5/20 – in partnership with San José State University

Creating and Preserving Oral Histories - 6/3

View our full schedule

Did you know that you can access all of our classes listed above, and all our past classes, for one annual fee for your whole institution? Subscribe to LYRASIS Learning to access everything. Find more information on our website or contact [log in to unmask]