Colleagues,

Please see the following message soliciting submissions for the Journal of
Intellectual Freedom. -Erika

The Journal of Intellectual Freedom and Privacy is seeking submissions. Do
you have fresh ideas about privacy or a research paper about intellectual
freedom? We want to publish it!

We are seeking research and commentary that cover topics and issues in
intellectual freedom and privacy. Related topics could include (but aren’t
limited to) areas such as:

-copyright, intellectual property, and/or open access

-freedom of expression/ speech issues

-digital divide and economic barriers to equitable access

-computer network security and trust issues

-protest movements and the First Amendment

-social responsibility and/or social justice

-big data, surveillance, or biometrics

-medical records confidentiality

-digital rights management

-access to library resources and services for minors

-net neutrality and/or internet filtering

-information rights of incarcerated people

As you can see, we interpret intellectual freedom and privacy very broadly,
so if you have a possibly-related paper, please contact the editor.
Submissions are accepted on a rolling basis, with quarterly publication,
and turn around is typically two to four months. The Journal of
Intellectual Freedom and Privacy welcomes:

Features (4000-8000 words): research papers, peer-reviewed

Commentaries (500-1000 words): short think pieces or essays, not
peer-reviewed

The Journal of Intellectual Freedom and Privacy is open to submissions from
first-time authors. We require Chicago style for citations, but we will
accept works in any style and can guide authors through implementing
Chicago.

Questions? Visit our website https:
https://journals.ala.org/index.php/jifp/index
<https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fjournals.ala.org%2Findex.php%2Fjifp%2Findex&data=02%7C01%7Cshannon.oltmann%40uky.edu%7C979333c002634261aabe08d805a58ef2%7C2b30530b69b64457b818481cb53d42ae%7C0%7C0%7C637265555911447366&sdata=VBpIGEG%2B%2BHTNAF9laSwp4ikGQqd5uH2WyXr93f7Vtq4%3D&reserved=0>
or contact the

editor, Shannon M. Oltmann ([log in to unmask])

The Journal of Intellectual Freedom and Privacy is indexed by ProQuest and
Ebsco.

Shannon M. Oltmann, Ph.D.
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Associate Professor
School of Information Science
College of Communication & Information
University of Kentucky

Editor, *Journal of Intellectual Freedom and Privacy*

Associate Editor, *Library Quarterly*