Good Morning Geographers and Sustainers – Go ahead and save the date for an upcoming TDEC networking event coming up this fall. TDEC employs a lot of folks with geography and sustainability backgrounds and have held special events just for our students in the past. They’ve also been a longtime attendee at GIS Day in the fall.

MC

From: Andershock, Alexis <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2021 9:21 AM
To: Camponovo, Michael <[log in to unmask]>; McKinney, Nathan Lamar <[log in to unmask]>; Hinten, Melissa Talley <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Meet TDEC event series

Hello,

I am emailing to make you aware of a networking event series that the Center for Career Development and Academic Exploration is partnering with the Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation (TDEC) on in Fall 2021. TDEC reached out to partner on a virtual networking series where students connect with subject matter experts from the numerous divisions at TDEC and learn more about the important work they do and how their work impacts Tennessee. TDEC has so many great diverse internships and full-time job opportunities for students, which makes this an incredibly opportunity to network with possible employers.

We are sending save the dates before the end of this semester to encourage students to go ahead and block their calendars. I sent a targeted email to students yesterday. However, I wanted to make you aware of the events as well. Can you join me in marketing this event to our students and the other faculty in your department? I have attached a save the date flyer, which directs students to Handshake. We have also created a website with the event information that lists each TDEC division attending. Some highlighted divisions are the Office of Energy Programs, Office of Policy and Sustainable Practices, Tennessee Geological Survey, Division of Water Resources, Division of Remediation, and Tennessee State Parks.

Perhaps, you could even include in your course syllabus or provide extra credit for attending the event. I think any incentive helps students. I greatly appreciate your help in promoting this event series to students.

I will continue marketing to students through Handshake and social media throughout the summer and into the fall semester. Let me know if you have any questions. Have a great rest of the semester!

Best,
Alexis

Alexis Andershock
Career Coach, Agriculture & Environmental Sciences

The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Center for Career Development and Academic Exploration
Student Union Level 2

career.utk.edu/

Big Orange. Big Ideas.