Tell Your Story: Shifting Perceptions. TLA 2021

We are only two weeks away! Register now!

At a Glance

Conference Details

The Tennessee Library Association invites you join us online for the TLA Annual Conference 2021! We have an exciting program this year with sessions for librarians of every type. We will have a mix of live and prerecorded sessions, and registered attendees will be able to watch recordings after the conference. Join us on Slack to share your thoughts, chat with speakers, and network with your colleagues across the state!

Register now!

Pre-Conferences

Not the Same Old Story: Using Census Data to Identify New Opportunities

Program link

School Readiness Toolkit Training: Rethinking Preparation for Kindergarten

Program link

General Session: Sharing lessons learned and barriers overcome, the editors of Pivoting During the Pandemic offer new ideas for serving your patrons during unprecedented times

Program link

Join Kathleen Hughes and Jamie Santoro as they talk about what they learned from librarians over the past year.  When the pandemic suddenly forced many public libraries to close their doors or limit patron access, library staff redoubled their efforts to serve their communities in every way possible. Demonstrating their resilience by quickly pivoting to new modes of service, public libraries are continuing to offer innovative yet practical ways to connect patrons to the information and services they need and enjoy. Offering real-life examples from libraries around the country, this presentation will share the many ways libraries transitioned to virtual and socially-distanced services. No matter your library’s current situation or outlook for the future, you’ll be inspired to adapt these ideas to suit the needs of your own organization.

Closing Keynote: The New Tennessee State Library and Archives

Program link

Many years in the planning, the Tennessee State Library and Archives has completed a new, $125 million building, whose grand opening is planned for April 12. The new TSLA will not only preserve Tennessee’s past, but will serve the state well into the future as the next chapters of our story are written. Join Tennessee State Librarian and Archivist Chuck Sherrill as he gives a preview of the features and services of the new space and shares the vision for the future of Tennessee libraries.

Register now!

Volunteer

We are looking for volunteers to introduce sessions and speakers, monitor audience participation, and provide technical support. If you are interested in  volunteering, please sign up online. Volunteer position descriptions are located in the second tab of the sign-up sheet.

Carl Hess
He, him, his

First Year Experience Librarian
University Libraries