Hello, please see the request below. -Erika

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Carol Geary <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sat, Mar 20, 2021 at 4:40 PM
Subject: Resource Information Request
To: <[log in to unmask]>

Dear Ms. Long,

I am currently writing a chapter on workplace bullying for a library
resource book that will be published by Routledge. The tentative title of
the book is, "Libraries as Dysfunctional Organizations and Workplaces:
Problems and Solutions”. As part of my work on this chapter, I am
conducting a survey of library personnel on their experience with bullying
in the library workplace.

My interest in this topic began during my time as a student in the MLS
graduate program at SCSU (Southern CT State University), where I completed
my graduate research project on workplace bullying. After graduation,
I co-authored an article on this workplace challenge with two of my
professors at SCSU. Below is a link to the article if you would like to
preview it.

https://journals.tdl.org/llm/index.php/llm/article/viewFile/7197/6446

I currently work as a youth and teen services librarian at the Saratoga
Springs (NY) Public Library and have worked in public library services for
over thirty years now. In recent years, I have presented at library
conferences in New England and New York on the topic of workplace bullying.

For the current book chapter, I am seeking to conduct a new survey (the
last one was done in 2013) on the topic of this workplace challenge before
and during the Covid-19 pandemic. I would be grateful if this survey link
could be shared with the members of the Tennessee Library Association.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions at 774-275-4173.

Thank you,

Carol Geary

­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­______________________________________________________________________

I would like to ask for your participation in a survey that I am conducting
as part of my work on a library resource book. I conducted my graduate
research on workplace bullying in libraries in 2013 and now I am looking to
update that information.

This survey should only take ten minutes to complete, and your contribution
would be much appreciated. Participation in this online survey is
completely voluntary and participants may only answer questions with which
they are comfortable. Participants should be assured that all survey
answers will be completely anonymous. Return of this survey indicates your
consent to have your data included in this research.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FQDGXH2
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.surveymonkey.com%2Fr%2FFQDGXH2%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR0V-fykUsefKMF_NoKuGAJo-6tEa85wl6-amCx0iJVXp3cAi1-ZfkOsC8I&h=AT0hjYMNNML-UTcovdgSDDAMaxEWcr-2UPsHPbpYns9Ai3omijNZSZ19-BKa2oKT51hEoUHcbAmBplYU-mTb-HUQFhEZA9G3uJ_I6aYfCGwIvr-sT0O5j1z3YGdCGZuOJA&__tn__=-UK-R&c%5b0%5d=AT2yMncpTNuxB3_8k3FX4C7SjABfxXBsr7CjaHhty7xiRSTo2PYnOs4opA6VkN74BJQqO-k9gw2QBW1XTMFIdjZ94FNf8NsiaJ6Tq5e5P1YZIvDVgLCDZW2So1ysF_kCODLHm_eJBCGx1rGIjiZjaOSM1kkH>

--
Erika S. Long
School Librarian—MNPS