Hi!

In the last week, you may have noticed some changes to World Book if you enter through the World Book Homepage/Portal. (You know I love a good portal!) These changes will improve navigation and accessibility for a multitude of devices and users. The redesign was done to provide a more intuitive experience for new users, as well as to guide parents and caregivers to the content that is most appropriate to the needs of the learners they are supporting.  You will now see a brief description of each database and a recommended age range.  Additionally, each product box will guide an end-user looking to learn more about a resource directly to a support page.

You will notice, they do list ALL the World Book variations and tools – some of which TEL does not provide access to. Those resources appear on the screen with the lock symbol and are not activated for general usage by TEL users. I’ve provided feedback that we would only like to see that page with only TEL current subscriptions and World Book is looking into that. As you use the new homepage, if you have questions or suggestions, please let me know!

Voila - the new World Book new homepage!

Remember you can also list your own library links to this WB Homepage using the TEL Link Generator. The portal page is the 2nd link.

Learn more about the homepage at World Books upcoming webinar:

World Book: Check out the NEW Super Home Page

Mon, Mar 29, 2021 1pm CT/2pm ET (30 minutes)

Register at https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/6087847861520407054

Check out the NEW Super Home page. The Super Home Page has a brand new look! Join us for a quick overview of the new layout and a high-level refresh on each product.

Thanks,

Andrea

Andrea Zielke

TEL Administrator

Tennessee Electronic Library

Tennessee State Library and Archives

Office of Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett

403 7th Avenue North

Nashville, TN 37243

Phone: 615-532-4627

Fax: 615-532-9904

This electronic mail may be subject to the Tennessee Public Records Act, Tenn. Code Ann. §10-7-503 et seq.  Any reply to this email may also be subject to this act.

The mission of the Office of the Secretary of State is to exceed the expectations of our customers, the taxpayers, by operating at the highest levels of accuracy, cost-effectiveness, and accountability in a customer-centered environment.

www.facebook.com/TennesseeSecretaryofState

www.facebook.com/TNStateLibraryArchives/timeline