Morning –

Just a reminder that we have some great webinars this month including one today at lunch!

HeritageQuest Online - City Directories, Obituaries, Books and Maps

Wednesday, March 10, 2021 12:00 pm CT/1:00 pm ET (30 minutes)

Register at https://proquestmeetings.webex.com/proquestmeetings/onstage/g.php?MTID=e3bfd3051203bcc5095daebb443c277aa

Please join our upcoming HeritageQuest webinar that will help you, and your patrons, get started using the City Directories, Obituaries, Books and Maps available in HeritageQuest.  During this session, Sarah Palmer from ProQuest will discuss how these sources in HeritageQuest can add another layer to genealogy research. She’ll share some searching tips to locate this content.

Can you answer the following questions using HeritageQuest?

For TEL: Workforce Support - Career Assessment and Job Search

Wednesday, March 17, 2021: 11am CT/12pm ET (30 min)

Register at https://cengage.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_9TpRwYv6Reqv7cHgqLVBag

Gale Presents: Peterson’s Career Prep from the Tennessee Electronic Library supports users that may be looking for their first job, job hunting for their next opportunity, or searching for their new career. In this webinar series, we will explore the user-friendly tools available to discover career paths using career assessments, job searching, and career application materials.

Transparent Language Online: Reporting and Marketing

Wednesday, March 17, 2021: 1pm CT/2pm ET (1 hour)

Trying to promote and measure interest in Transparent Language Online in your library community? This webinar will focus on running usage reports and marketing Transparent Language Online to your community.

We will look at:

Register for these upcoming sessions to explore Peterson’s Career Prep and Peterson’s Career and Test Prep!

HeritageQuest Online - International and African American Family Research

Tuesday, March 23, 2021 12:00 pm CT/1:00 pm ET (30 minutes)

Register at https://proquestmeetings.webex.com/proquestmeetings/onstage/g.php?MTID=e58343e347d3df13b6ea423500e54173e

Please join our upcoming HeritageQuest webinar that will help you, and your patrons, get started using the International Content and African American Family History resources available in HeritageQuest.  During this session, Sarah Palmer from ProQuest will discuss how these sources in HeritageQuest can assist users with their genealogy research. She’ll share searching tips to locate this content and also provide resources that can help someone who is stuck.

Can you answer the following questions using HeritageQuest?

·        Locate information to help someone who found out they are of Irish heritage?

·        Find a Freedman’s Bank Record for Henry Lee who opened his account in 1871?

·        Locate the Slave Schedules to assist with African American Family research?

World Book: Check out the NEW Super Home Page

Mon, Mar 29, 2021 1pm CT/2pm ET (30 minutes)

Register at https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/6087847861520407054

Check out the NEW Super Home page. The Super Home Page has a brand new look! Join us for a quick overview of the new layout and a high-level refresh on each product.

We’ve got some upcoming April Webinars too –

Wednesday, April 7, 2021

12:00 pm ET

30 min

For TEL: Workforce Support – Practice Exams

Gale Presents: Peterson’s Test and Career Prep is available from the Tennessee Electronic Library. In this webinar, we'll introduce you to the practice exam experience in Test and Career Prep and what it can do for your users! From the high school and community college students to the job seeker who wants to further their career, Test and Career Prep provides users with online test prep materials, basic skills training, certification/licensing practice tests, ACT/SAT and AP practice exams, and much more. We will explore the Study Plan, test reset capabilities, account view, and many more tools that will allow your users to maximize their learning and ace their tests!

https://cengage.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_ynsfKmbxR5STi3ZjZ4wQ5Q

Wednesday, April 21, 2021

12:00 pm ET

45 min

For TEL: Health and Medical Resources at your Library

Your library has Gale resources from the Tennessee Electronic Library to support health, wellness, and the study of medicine.  Join this webinar to learn more about the medical resources available for your patron that is seeking health or medical information, for the high school student interested in nursing or becoming an EMT, or the medical student or health care professional needing up-to-date information.  We will explore three resources, Gale Health and Wellness, Gale OneFile Health and Medicine, and Gale Presents: Peterson’s Test and Career Prep and the content to support all users!

https://cengage.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_5AAtaJFuRDSyI1mvp_oAWQ

Thanks!

Andrea

Andrea Zielke

TEL Administrator

Tennessee Electronic Library

Tennessee State Library and Archives

Office of Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett

403 7th Avenue North

Nashville, TN 37243

Phone: 615-532-4627

Fax: 615-532-9904

This electronic mail may be subject to the Tennessee Public Records Act, Tenn. Code Ann. §10-7-503 et seq.  Any reply to this email may also be subject to this act.

The mission of the Office of the Secretary of State is to exceed the expectations of our customers, the taxpayers, by operating at the highest levels of accuracy, cost-effectiveness, and accountability in a customer-centered environment.

www.facebook.com/TennesseeSecretaryofState

www.facebook.com/TNStateLibraryArchives/timeline