If anyone who is registered for the iSchools conference next week is available/willing to serve as a moderator for full papers session 11 (Awa is one of the presenters), please let me know today or Monday and I will pass it on. The schedule shows it is March 25 from 1-2pm, but perhaps Awa can verify if that is the correct time for EDT? See message below. They especially welcome junior faculty or doc students as moderators.
Carol

From: Michael Seadle (iSchools) <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, March 21, 2021 12:46 PM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: call for session chairs

Dear colleagues,

The iConference is underway and we have over 500 registered participants, which is more than we had last year and more than we have often had at face-to-face conferences. Our colleagues at Renmin University in Beijing China are the formal hosts, and they are doing all they can to find session chairs (moderators), but they need some help finding people outside of the Asia-Pacific region. A number of you, including Eric, Keith, Gary, and Anind, have made extremely helpful suggestions of doctoral students and junior faculty who might benefit from the additional exposure of being a session chair. Nonetheless we still need a few more suggestions for the following sessions:

  • Short research papers 17 (2 authors from the University of Texas at Austin, one from George Mason, and one other whose affiliation is unclear) and
  • Full research papers 11 (one author from the University of Washington, 2 from Tennessee). I would very much appreciate it if you could send me suggestions as early as possible (preferably on Monday) so that we can complete the schedule.

Please check the online schedule in Scoocs to get an accurate time for your location. Ideally everyone who serves a session chair is also registered for the conference. That makes our job very much easier.

Your help on this is very much appreciated. I have set the reply-to option so that responses will not spam everyone’s inbox.

Best wishes ... Michael
Michael Seadle
Executive Director, iSchools, Inc.
Professor, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin