FYI!

From: Gellert, Paul Kenneth <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2021 9:06 AM
Subject: 2 Summer opportunities -- Fieldwork; Human Rights

Hi Global Studies community,

FYI – 2 summer opportunities.

Paul

Dear Colleagues and Friends

As you all know, study abroad programs were cornered last year by the pandemic. Our Off the Beaten Track program in Malta, Europe, however, pulled through, and we developed contingency trajectories for almost all of our participants. We learned a lot this last year and were more than ever confronted with our responsibilities as both anthropologists and educators.

In the upcoming summer, we will be hosting three summer sessions in our basecamp, where we will be integrating everything that we learned in our curriculum. We formalize this by incorporating it as a dedicated project: “Cautious New World. Fieldwork in Pandemic Times”.

We hope you can share this email or the attached .pdf leaflet with people or groups who might be interested. At this point, we only have a few slots left, but applicants can already get approved for one of the 2022 sessions, or a possible earlier session yet to be announced.

More information can be found on our website. Applications can be made online through this form

If you have any further questions, of any kind, feel free to contact me personally. Please do not reply to this email, as it might not be read anytime soon. Instead, kindly contact me at [log in to unmask], and I will attend to it as quickly as possible.

Sam Janssen | Program Director