Dear Geography and Sustainability majors,

A young woman from Texas who will be starting at UT in the Fall (as an undergrad freshman) emailed me with questions about dorms.   Unfortunately, I know nothing about UT dorms!  Here is her note:

I have a question about residence halls - I've been watching a bunch of videos and reading through UT's information about each hall, but do you have any recommendations for which one I should try to get into (if available)? I liked what I saw with Magnolia and Brown (looking at primarily the non-community style halls), but they all seem so similar it's hard to keep which one has what straight!

If you have a recommendation for her, email me ([log in to unmask]) and I will pass the information on to her.

Thank you!

Sally Horn

Sally P. Horn, Professor
Department of Geography