Hey School Librarians! The BIG Benefits of Partnering with Your Public Library

Kiersten Kerr

February 3rd, at 1:00pm cst

We serve the same group, we often have the same programs, so why are we not partnering more often with our local public libraries? In this webinar, we will discuss some of the reasons that often prevent us from fostering that relationship, and ideas for how we can make it happen. Denise Neujahr from the Community Library Network will join me, and together we hope to dispel some of the common reasons school librarians are hesitant to reach out to their local public libraries. There are so many benefits for both groups to partner together!

Kiersten Kerr is a Teacher Librarian in beautiful North Idaho. She has worked for the past 14 years in public school libraries at both the elementary and high school levels. She earned her master’s degree in information science from the University of North Texas.

Click this link to join the live meeting.

An Introduction to Personal Finance

Amy Becker

February 4th, at 2:00pm cst

The purpose of this webinar is to provide an introduction to the different life cycle stages of Personal Financial Planning. We will also delve into the fraud aspect and look at ways to protect yourself and others from being potential victims. The webinar is designed to provide overviews of the different aspects of your personal finance picture and help you become more comfortable talking about your finances.

Amy Becker is a recent graduate of Emporia State University's Library and Information Sciences Masters Program. She has her undergraduate degree from Kansas State University with an emphasis in Personal Financial Planning. In 2013, she received her Master's in Business Administration from Emporia State University. She has almost ten years of banking experience. She is from the Topeka Kansas area and currently resides in Santa Clarita, California.

Click this link to join the live meeting.

No preregistration is required to attend.  Simply follow the links above to participate during the live meeting times noted.  Although we hope you will be able to join us live, the sessions will be recorded and available for later viewing.  To learn about other coming webinars from Emporia and to view recordings of previous sessions, please visit our website:  https://sites.google.com/g.emporia.edu/slim/continuing-education/webinars

Tina Murdock

Director, Arkansas Program

School of Library and Information Management

Office:  Bailey Library
Hendrix College
1600 Washington Ave.
Conway, AR  72032