Classes

Live webinars, free information sessions, and demonstrations

View Our Scheduled Classes

March Classes Spotlight:

Navigating Politics to Advocate for Libraries: Introduction to Political Power Theories

Wednesday, March 17, 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM ET

Instructor: Patrick "PC" Sweeney

Over 90% of library funding is politically motivates. That means that almost all of the funding for libraries is dependent on the amount of political influence and power held by the library in the local political ecosystem. There is wide range of tactics that can be used to influence this power, but what are the underlying theories that can be applied to all of the activities performed by a library? From digital tactics like social media, websites, and email to building relationships in the community through partnerships and coalitions, these theories can be applied to every aspect of the library services. In this session we will explore many of these theories used by some of the best community organizers, political action committees, and politicians and discuss how we can apply them to librarianship.

Online Classes:

What is next for FADGI and Still Image Digitization? - 3/4

Online Library Instruction: Best Practices for Live, Online Teaching - 3/9

No Fear Fair Use: Practical Fair Use for Cultural Institutions - 3/10

Navigating Politics to Advocate for Libraries: Introduction to Political Power Theories - 3/17

Copyright Limitations and Exceptions - 3/24

Online Library Instruction: Best Practices for Asynchronous Teaching - 3/30

Introduction to OpenRefine - 4/6

LYRASIS Learning

Did you know that you can access all of our classes listed above, and all our past classes, for one annual fee for your whole institution? Subscribe to LYRASIS Learning to access everything. Find more information here or contact [log in to unmask]

LYRASIS | 1438 West Peachtree Street, NW, Suite 150, Atlanta, GA 30309