FYI!  This may of be of interest to many of you!

Happy Weekend!

From: Hardwig, Lily <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, February 19, 2021 12:47 PM
To: Munoz, Solange <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Finding the Global in the Local

Solange,

Okay, here's what I've sent to everyone else! Feel free to use as much or as little as you want. Thank you one more time!

My name is Lily Hardwig, and I am one of the student leaders of the Global Studies Club here at UTK. Next week we are having the first interactive discussion of a series titled "Finding the Global in the Local" with Centro Hispano, a local nonprofit and the leading resource for East Tennessee's Latino community. I will be moderating the discussion and asking questions to get the students, faculty, and representatives from Centro Hispano involved with one another. With this series we hope to forge sustainable partnerships with local community organizations, and hear from these organizations about how students studying the globe can access and support the global communities in Knoxville. We want to emphasize community engagement in one's education and open the pathways between academia and the surrounding communities. This series will encourage students to put that which they are learning to direct use while still in Knoxville!

I am sending you this email in the hopes that you'd be interested in publicizing next week's discussion! I have sent it out to the Global Studies Club members, but I think that this meeting, and eventual series, could extend to a much larger audience. If you are open to sharing this information, I am attaching the flyer to this email, and I'll paste the Zoom link below:

Please let me know if you have any questions at all, and I hope to hear back from you soon!

Thank you so much,
Lily

--
Image result for university of tennessee
Lily Hardwig

Big Orange. Big Ideas.