Greetings!

This year has been off to a great start. Last week I had the pleasure of
attending what was ALA's last Midwinter Meeting. The sessions and keynote
speakers were phenomenal. This was my first year sitting in on the ALA
Council meetings. Council voted on multiple resolutions that I'm sure our
Council Rep Susan Jennings will share more about soon. Multiple
committees/work groups/advisory groups are being formed soon and members
are encouraged to get involved. I hope that you'll submit the volunteer
form to be appointed to one of these groups for next year. As a reminder,
members must renew their ALA membership by Jan. 31 to be eligible to vote
in the spring election. (Please renew your TLA membership as well if you
haven't already.) Next year, ALA will introduce its new winter learning
meeting—LibLearnX—in San Antonio, Jan. 21-24, 2022.

Reminder: TN Library Legislative Day is quickly approaching! Due to the
Capitol not hosting groups this year, our event will be virtual on Feb. 12.
The theme is Libraries Love Our Communities. A tremendous advantage of a
virtual event is that there is no registration fee this year. Please join
us, and I hope you'll schedule some time during the day to meet with your
legislators. You can find more information about LLD here
<https://www.tnla.org/events/EventDetails.aspx?id=1472359>.

I hope to see you all soon.

Erika

*Erika Long*