[External Email]

Happy new year, everyone!  Here's information on our first free webinar for 2021.  It is not necessary to register in advance; simply follow the Zoom link below to join.  If you're not able to participate at this time, you can access the recording later using the archives link below.

Libraries and Non-Traditional Information Seekers: Integrating Cultural Competencies into Literary Education

Dr. Stan Trembach

January 12, 2021 at 02:00 P.M. CST

Zoom Link: https://emporiastate.zoom.us/j/98964167865

Working with information seekers from nontraditional populations is a challenge for many public service librarians. In this webinar, we will discuss how to turn these challenges into opportunities to better engage marginalized library users, teach critical information literacy skills, and promote cultural competencies—all in the context of traditional library instruction and reference desk interviews.

Dr. Trembach has his Ph.D. from School of Library and Information Science, University of South Carolina. He joined the SLIM faculty as assistant professor in fall 2020.