Dear all,

I hope that this email finds you well. Given we are in the winter and the pandemic is still ongoing, the department has decided to use rooms BGB 101 and 301 when they are not in use for class purpose as study space for our geography and sustainability students. Please find in the attachment the information on the availability of those rooms. Note that room BGB 101 has not been scheduled for any regular class this semester, i.e., it’s available most of the time pending occasional classes/events. On the other hand, room BGB 301 has classes in various time slots every day. Hence students should try BGB 101 first and only use BGB 301 if there are many students in BGB 101 (BGB 101 covid-19 capacity is at 15). Instructor and GTAs, please share the words with students in your classes about these study spaces. Please also ask students to observe all Covid-19 guidelines will using this space, e.g., maintain social distance, wear a mask, and wipe down your space before and after use.

Last but not least, the office staff, especially Ms. Connie Mroz, will unlock those rooms every day as a courtesy to the department (i.e., this is not on the usual list of duties of the office staff). We really appreciate our office staff and Ms. Mroz for their kindness and willingness in helping our students.

Sincerely,

Liem Tran, Ph.D.

Professor of Geography

Professor of Civil & Environmental Engineering (adjunct)

University of Tennessee at Knoxville

BGB 306, 1000 Phillip Fulmer Way

Knoxville, TN 37996

Email: [log in to unmask]