LiveOnline@UT is the UT-branded name for Zoom software. The Zoom software is used to deliver live, interactive classes via the Internet.  For more information please visit our page at http://liveonline.utk.edu.

LiveOnline@UT (Zoom) Spring 2021 Test Flights:

We will be conducting Spring 2021 Test Flights on the dates and times listed above. Test Flights offer students the opportunity to test their device in an online class before the semester begins.

*For a successful Test Flight experience, please review the following tips, as well as those at the bottom of this email.

To participate in a LiveOnline@UT (Zoom) Test Flight:

  1. Log in to Online@UT (Canvas) at https://online.utk.edu with your NetID and password.
  2. Select the Test Flight link (Please note, the Test Flight link will be posted a few minutes prior to the start times listed above.)
  3. If prompted, enter your NetID or name and join the meeting.
  4. During the application launch process, you may be prompted to download and install the Zoom application.  Click Ok or yes to run, trust, open, or accept the application.

There are any number of issues that might contribute to performance of audio/video over IP.  We will be happy to help diagnose these issues with you should you have difficulty with your Test Flight.

Connection to the Internet:

Additional Internet activity in your house (wired or wireless) while attending online classes will impact the quality of your session:

Thank you,

OIT Support, Course Design and Delivery