Happy new year, campus communicators!

I am excited to announce our plans for keeping the CampComm community connected in 2021. The message below describes various components of what we’ve dubbed the Campus Communicators Network, which is intended to provide communicators with opportunities to exchange knowledge, network and build community, align planning, and contribute to the development of shared resources.

I hope you’ll participate in one or more of these programs this year. Please note there are a few upcoming virtual events described in the first section below.

Communicator Roundtables *NEW*
Communicator Roundtables are small-group, affinity-based meetings intended for campus communicators. Roundtables will meet at least once every other month with the goal of building communities of practice in support of the university’s communications and marketing objectives. Each roundtable is co-facilitated by someone on the Office of Communications and Marketing staff and a member of the campus community.

Initial meeting dates for each roundtable are immediately below. Information about the purpose of each group can be found in the linked calendar entries.

  *   Social Media Roundtable, Tuesday, January 19, 9:30 am (https://calendar.utk.edu/event/social_media_roundtable#.X_4XN2RKgqt)
  *   Web Developers Roundtable, Thursday, January 28, 2 pm (https://calendar.utk.edu/event/web_developers_roundtable#.X_4WnGRKgqt)
  *   Design Roundtable, Tuesday, February 9, 11 am (https://calendar.utk.edu/event/design_roundtable#.X_4WnmRKgqt)
  *   Content Development Roundtable, February 17, 9am (https://calendar.utk.edu/event/content_development_roundtable#.X_4WUWRKgqt)

CampComm: listserv, Town Halls, and CommuniCon
The campus communicators community began as a listserv, moderated by the Office of Communications and Marketing. Campus communicators are encouraged to use the listserv as a means for staying in touch with one another and sharing information and resources (see: https://communications.utk.edu/join-campcomm/). What started as a means of internal communications has grown to represent the community of professionals across campus who are responsible for communicating about and promoting the university and its units.

This year, our office will host two town hall style CampComm meetings—one during the spring semester (March) and one during the fall (October). These open meetings will be opportunities for communicators to connect with each other (even if virtually), receive updates from members of our office and other units about strategic communication initiatives, and hear reports from roundtable co-facilitators about the activities of their groups. We also plan to host our fifth-annual CommuniCon conference this summer. More details to come about these events.

Communicators Council and College Communicators Network
Members of these two groups help council the Office of Communications and Marketing—and one another—on strategic communications issues and initiatives. Membership includes the communication leads in each of the academic colleges and major administrative units. The council and the college network meet monthly and bi-monthly, respectively, to align planning, share information, and discuss ongoing and upcoming issues and opportunities.

I can’t wait to connect with you this year in any number of these venues. As always, thank you for everything you do to help advance the reputation of the university. Our work has never been more visible or more important than at this time.

If you have any questions or would like to talk through anything, feel free to reach out to me directly.

Best,
Jacob

--
Jacob Rudolph
Associate Vice Chancellor

To view the CAMPCOMM archives or Join/Leave the list:
http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/campcomm.html