Colleagues,

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day is this coming Monday, January 18, and we are excited to share a series of events<https://calendar.utk.edu/mlk21> to celebrate the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

As we gather in person and virtually to honor Dr. King, we ask that your college/unit/department join us in advertising these events to students, faculty, and staff.

  *   Share on Social Media: We created a Google Drive containing social media graphics<https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1x--M7i8cxTq9Y4_OWadxanzXbU92unPY?usp=sharing> options for you to use to help promote the events offered. You should be able to access the folder if you are logged in to Google using your UTK email address. We anticipate that the event list may grow, so we created a QR code<https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10D51PDF4JUknFQCq1eF11mgtbc35hliF?usp=sharing> that will direct to the channel. Alternatively, you may also use tiny.utk.edu/MLK2021<http://tiny.utk.edu/mlk2021>.

You can also share posts from the UT Knoxville social media accounts (Twitter<https://twitter.com/utknoxville>, Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/utknoxville>, Instagram<https://instagram.com/utknoxville>) and the Student Life social media accounts (Twitter<https://twitter.com/utkstudentlife?lang=en>, Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/UTKStudentLife>, Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/utkstudentlife/?hl=en>).

  *   Participate in the MLK Photo Montage: Join us to remember and celebrate the life of MLK Jr. Show unity within the Volunteer community by participating in our interactive MLK Photo Montage program. Take a selfie and use the hashtag #MLKUTK21 and tell us why you celebrate MLK Day. Event details can be found on calendar.utk.edu<https://calendar.utk.edu/event/remembering_dr_martin_luther_king_jr#.X_4QI6SYWBQ>.

  *   Event Channel on calendar.utk.edu: Is your office, unit, or department hosting an event? We would love to see your event on the calendar.utk.edu channel! Use the tag MLK21 in your event description, and it will be added to the channel.  If you don't have this ability, let me know and I am happy to help facilitate adding your event to the channel.

Special thanks to Multicultural Student Life, Diversity and Engagement, Commission for Blacks, MLK Commemorative Commission, Student Life, Jones Center for Leadership & Service, Black Cultural Programming Committee (BCPC), and Student Success for offering a variety of opportunities on Monday and into the month of February.

Please let me know if you have any questions, and thank you for your support as we collectively honor and reflect on the life of Dr. King.

Warm regards,

Meghan

Meghan Jagnow

The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Student Life Communications

413 Student Services Building
1331 Circle Park Drive

studentlife.utk.edu

Big Orange. Big Ideas.

To view the CAMPCOMM archives or Join/Leave the list:
http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/campcomm.html