[External Email]

I want to comment on the annual TLA meeting.  An in-person meeting is certainly preferable, especially if there are no dangers from the Covid pandemic.  The volunteers who work on the meeting do a tremendous job in arranging for the meeting.  Networking in an in-person meeting is invaluable,

However, I would like to propose that TLA look into the possibility of making the sessions also available through Zoom or other videoconferencing tools as a complement to the in-person meeting.

Allowing virtual access would result in hundreds of librarians and staff members being able to benefit from the wonderful programs who couldn't come in person.   TLA could charge for attendance for virtual meetings  and make more money for the organization,

Perhaps such a hybrid way of meeting could be something that could be done this coming year and in the future.

Scott Cohen
Library Director
Jackson State Community College
(731) 425-2615