[External Email]

Happy December

Gotta sneak one last update to TEL before the new year! On December 18, Testing and Education Reference Center (TERC) is transitioning to Gale Presents: Peterson’s Test and Career Prep.

In addition to the new name, Gale Presents: Peterson’s Test and Career Prep will have enhancements to better support users. These include:

What is the difference between Peterson’s Career Prep and Peterson’s Test and Career Prep?

Peterson’s Career Prep is a standalone module of Peterson’s Test and Career Prep. It focuses on career assessments, resume/cover letter creation and the advice for job seekers. It is the replacement for Career Transitions so much like Career Transitions, it has a focused and simplified interface to help job seekers and students get directly to those tools. Peterson’s Test and Career Prep have college/career practice tests and ebooks, school and scholarship searches AND all of the career tools included in Peterson’s Career Prep. There is a scheduled January training focusing on how to use these resources with your patrons and students.

What do I need to do?

Attend Gale’s upcoming webinar about the transition on 12/10.

Testing & Education Reference Center (soon to be Gale Presents: Peterson's Test Prep)

Thursday, December 10, 2020 Noon-12:30 PM CT/1:00-1:30 PM ET

Testing & Education Reference Center will become Gale Presents: Peterson's Test Prep on December 18th.  In this session we will explore the available practice tests, test prep materials and information on thousands of colleges and graduate schools, and will provide a sneak peak of the homepage update.

Registration Link:  https://cengage.zoom.us/webinar/register/2016028540482/WN_3BA7q7yFRoCTF_KhHY6H9w

On 12/18, things to do (I’ll send a reminder closer to the transition date)

  1. Update Name and Icons on website. GalePages will update automatically.
  2. You can continue to use the current TERC URL and hub urls to access Peterson’s Test and Career Prep.
    • New URLs are available, current TERC URLS to the database and to the hub URLS will continue to work. Redirects are in place for typically 2-3 years.
  3. Download and update MARC Records at https://support.gale.com/marc/products/
  4. Print out copies of the TN TEL One Sheet for your reference desk and patrons (attached).
  5. Use social media to update your patrons.

I’m excited for the new changes as it’ll improve patron searching and ease of use. Less steps to get into the resources. Better accessibility. If you are seeing a disconnect with the resources and tests included in Peterson’s Test and Career Prep (see attached Title list), please let me know what tests you’d like to see.

I’ll send info just before 12/18 and add a news article to tntel.info, but let me know if you have any questions!  Thanks,

Andrea

Andrea Zielke

TEL Administrator

Tennessee Electronic Library

Tennessee State Library and Archives

Office of Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett

403 7th Avenue North

Nashville, TN 37243

Phone: 615-532-4627

Fax: 615-532-9904

This electronic mail may be subject to the Tennessee Public Records Act, Tenn. Code Ann. §10-7-503 et seq.  Any reply to this email may also be subject to this act.

The mission of the Office of the Secretary of State is to exceed the expectations of our customers, the taxpayers, by operating at the highest levels of accuracy, cost-effectiveness, and accountability in a customer-centered environment.

www.facebook.com/TennesseeSecretaryofState

www.facebook.com/TNStateLibraryArchives/timeline