[External Email]

Greetings!

As we wind down this roller coaster of a year, I can certainly say 2020 is not at all what I envisioned it to be. I imagine many of you share this sentiment. While this year has had its challenges, it has certainly brought about a deeper perspective for how we approach our individual lives but also our commitments to the patrons and communities we serve daily. With the holidays approaching, I hope that each of you can steal away some time for self-care, enjoy lots of laughter and smiles through FaceTime, Skype, etc., and indulge in lots of delicious food.

When you’re reflecting on your year professionally and looking forward at what you hope to accomplish next year, I hope that TLA will be part of those thoughts. If you’ve managed to hold on to some extra dollars this month, now would be a great time to renew your membership. You will likely see an automated renewal email before the year ends. If you have an extra hour or two a month, I also encourage you to consider volunteering in the association. The Honors & Awards Committee is seeking members to serve through the remainder of our fiscal year. Members of the Library Technologies Roundtable are encouraged to nominate themselves or colleagues to fill the chair-elect and secretary positions. Finally, in January, you’ll begin to hear lots of buzz about Library Legislative Day because we need everyone’s help in bringing our collective voice to legislators across the state. I also hope that you’ll take a look at the extensive lib guide our Diversity & Inclusion Committee recently created, hosted by Chattanooga State’s Library. You can find it here.

https://library.chattanoogastate.edu/edi

There is amazing planning taking place behind the scenes to prepare for Library Legislative Day, Annual Conference, and more. I look forward to the continued work of amplifying the work of Tennessee libraries with you. Please feel free to reach out if you have suggestions or questions about the forward progress of the association. Until then, Happy Holidays and I excitedly await what 2021 has in store for all of us.

Be well,
Erika

--
Erika S. Long