[External Email]

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Hello,

I wanted to personally let everyone know about this opportunity to work with inmates preparing to re-enter society.

This is a minimum-medium security facility with 2500 inmates.  The library services about 300 inmates each week.  Main emphasis is the legal library where inmates come into the library to work on their legal cases.  We are working on getting more leisure books out to the inmates after experiencing COVID-19 quarantines and lockdowns.  We also have a reading program for those who wish to learn how to read or need to improve their reading skills.  Other programming can be developed as we move away from the COVID-19 experience.

Full time benefits, hourly.  Pay is okay.  The prison environment is not for everyone.  It takes a special type of person who is willing to work with children in men’s bodies.  These are the children who did not learn to follow directions, very manipulative, easy to throwing temper tantrums.  This is horrible to say, but true.  These are also the children who left school at a young age, prior to finishing high school.  Work schedule can be flexible to accommodate those little things in life.  The library is open Monday, Wednesday, Friday 7 am to 2 pm; Tuesday and Thursday 7 am to 7:30 pm; and Sunday 7 am to 11:30 am.

If anyone would have any other questions about this job, you can contact me on this.  Otherwise, go to www.corecivic.com to the jobs link.  Trousdale Turner is in Hartsville, TN, about 30 minutes north of Lebanon, TN.

Thanks.

Willetta Grady