[External Email]

If you've been thinking about pursuing a master's in library science, Emporia's SLIM has some good news for you.  Instead of the normal deadline of December 1st, the application deadline for Spring 2021 admission has been extended to January 1, 2021.

​We know that Covid has brought a great deal of uncertainty to everyone's life, and it may feel nerve-wracking to start graduate school right now.  But, we'd like to reassure you on a couple of points:
Until things feel safe again, we are functioning as a fully-online program. That means that our class weekends, normally held in-person, will continue to be held online via Zoom. We've committed to this availability at least through the spring semester, and beyond if necessary.  (Summer classes, in fact, are always on-line.)

FAFSA financial aid and multiple scholarships are still available for our students. Nothing has changed on that front.

If you missed the info sessions Emporia has been offering, you may want to view a brief recording that covers the information offered there as well as a few frequently asked questions:
   https://emporiastate.zoom.us/rec/share/-eh8f4rt3GlLf5HP7h7UAIkFM5rXX6a80CdLr_INzE5Vl4bOAt1CLGnQpjha77Cv?startTime=1591649220000<https://clicktime.symantec.com/3Cru9UkUwhNSrFYr3i6RVd17Vc?u=https%3A%2F%2Femporiastate.zoom.us%2Frec%2Fshare%2F-eh8f4rt3GlLf5HP7h7UAIkFM5rXX6a80CdLr_INzE5Vl4bOAt1CLGnQpjha77Cv%3FstartTime%3D1591649220000>

Then, watch for an announcement next week about a special session just for the Arkansas cohort.  Since Arkansas is normally a fall start cohort, there will be specific info for those who may want to begin this spring.

Meanwhile, I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving.  Stay safe!

Tina

[cid:e3a097bc-1dd6-42a5-926b-d654bd1709a2]
Tina Murdock

Director, Arkansas Program

School of Library and Information Management

Office:  Bailey Library
Hendrix College
1600 Washington Ave.
Conway, AR  72032