Hi Geography Undergraduate Students,

Hope this message finds you well!  I am writing to share with you that I will teach Geography 549 (GIS for Transportation) class in Spring 2021.  Both graduate students and senior undergraduate students are welcome to take this GEOG 549 class.  You can reach me at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> if you have questions or need additional information.

This Geography 549 class will be taught as a "Geographic Information Systems (GIS) for Transportation" class that will cover topics such as shortest path and routing problems, network flow problems, facility location problems, linear referencing and dynamics segmentation, and travel demand models.  Students in this class will use both TransCAD (GIS software designed specifically for transportation and logistics applications) and ArcGIS (most widely used general-purpose GIS software) to solve different types of transportation/logistics problems.  Prior GIS background is not required in this class although some basic GIS knowledge will be helpful.  This Geography 549 class will meet online at 2:50 - 4:05 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays during the Spring semester of 2021.

All the best,

Shih-Lung