Dear Geography Students,

Please find attached the flyer for GEOG 510 (Geographic Software Design) that I am offering in Spring 2021. The course is fully online and we will meet on Fridays 10:30-11:20 am for live Q&A.

In this course, you will learn how to develop open-source packages for geospatial analysis and interactive mapping. You will also learn how to publish packages to GitHub for open access. Topics include: developing ArcGIS Toolboxes; designing Python packages for analyzing spatial data with GDAL, WhiteboxTools, geopandas, etc.; building and publishing interactive web apps for cloud computing with Earth Engine, ipyleaflet, and folium.

You can check out my GitHub page (https://github.com/giswqs) for some of the open-source packages I have developed, such as geemap (https://geemap.org). See below for some examples. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

An interactive web app for creating timelapse animations for any locations, try it out at https://gishub.org/timelapse

https://i.imgur.com/7eyMcZQ.gif

ArcGIS Python Toolbox for WhiteboxTools. See https://github.com/giswqs/WhiteboxTools-ArcGIS

https://i.imgur.com/jCmDEQx.png