We are pleased to share with you that UT will host its first ever Vol Success Week, this week, October 5-9.  Vol Success Week is a celebration of your academic achievements as you reach the mid-point of the semester and will feature academic engagement opportunities, a resource fair, and internationally recognized speakers.

The Vol Success Week website provides details on each event throughout the week.  We'd like to share a few of the signature events happening throughout the week.

llyasah Shabazz, Author, Professor and Daughter of Malcolm X

Wednesday, October 7, 6:30 – 7:30 p.m., Student Union Auditorium & virtual

Professor Shabazz will speak to the power of perspectives and her father’s legacy. Our First-Year Studies courses have focused on students’ individual stories and how their stories impact their perspectives on the world. Professor Shabazz will answer questions from first-year students. This event is co-sponsored by the Office of Diversity & Engagement.

Jim Clifton, Chairman and CEO of Gallup

Thursday, October 8, 6:30 – 7:30 p.m., Student Union Auditorium & virtual

Mr. Clifton will speak about the importance of strengths to help students thrive. Following his presentation, Mr. Clifton will answer questions from first-year students. Gallup believes in the potential of every person through a strengths-based approach. Gallup has engaged many campuses to help their students achieve personal, professional, and academic well-being through the CliftonStrengths Finder, an assessment taken by UT’s 2020 first-year students.

Student Success Celebration

Friday, October 9, 4:30-7:30 p.m., HSS Plaza

Join us on the Humanities and Social Sciences Plaza for a vintage UT football game and a giveaway you won’t want to pass up!

The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Veterans Resource Center
G020 Hodges Library
1015 Volunteer Blvd
Knoxville Tn 37996

VRC Phone 865-974-5420    VRC Fax 865-974-8517
Our website address is http://veterans.utk.edu/