[External Email]

Morning!

Reminder that we have a webinar this afternoon talking about Gale Admin tools.  If you are unable to  attend the live session, register and a link will be sent to you in about 24 hours.

For TEL: Go Behind the Scenes with your TEL Gale Resources  *New*

Wednesday,  September 9, 2020, 1:00–1:45 PM CT/2:00–2:45 PM ET

Your Gale resources from TEL come with a behind the scenes tool called Gale Admin which allows you to customize your Gale settings for success. As the administrator, you can set database preferences, change authentication methods, and more. In this webinar, we'll explore what Gale Admin can do for you! This session will be recorded for those who can't attend.

Register at https://cengage.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_slQbecHGQ_OwfSZTaBw4eg

Thanks,

Andrea

From: Andrea N. Zielke
Sent: Thursday, September 3, 2020 12:03 PM
To: TEL TSLA <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: More Upcoming TEL Webinars

Hi –

Adding a few more webinars to the TEL Training Webinar calendar. The webinar next Wednesday is a great overview particularly for School Librarians of how you can use the admin tools to customize the Topics in the In Context tools for your school – it’s more nuanced than just a filter.  All webinars are recorded.

For TEL: Go Behind the Scenes with your TEL Gale Resources  *New*

Wednesday,  September 9, 2020, 1:00–1:45 PM CT/2:00–2:45 PM ET

Your Gale resources from TEL come with a behind the scenes tool called Gale Admin which allows you to customize your Gale settings for success. As the administrator, you can set database preferences, change authentication methods, and more. In this webinar, we'll explore what Gale Admin can do for you! This session will be recorded for those who can't attend.

Register at https://cengage.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_slQbecHGQ_OwfSZTaBw4eg

Supporting Young Learners (K-12) with Transparent Language Online

Thursday, September 17, 2013: 1-2pm CT/ 2-3pm ET

Did you know that Transparent Language Online has learning content specifically designed for young learners? In this webinar, we’ll explore the available content for different ages, including K-2, elementary, and teens. We will look at how the content differs for each age range and review what supplemental resources are available.

Prepare for Presidential Elections with Gale In Context: Opposing Viewpoints *New*

Friday, September 18, 2020, Noon–12:30 PM CT/1:00–1:30 PM ET

Provide patrons reputable, non-partisan information with Gale In Context: Opposing Viewpoints. In this webinar, we’ll discover resources to fact check arguments, understand all sides of social issues, and develop informed stances on political candidates.

Register at https://cengage.zoom.us/webinar/register/6415972666204/WN_pwp5goS1T-ex1LMaSGLQ5w

Discover Primary Source Documents within Gale In Context *New*

Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 1:00–1:30 PM CT/2:00–2:30 PM ET

Primary sources within your Gale In Context resources provide first-hand insight into history and valuable comparisons to current events. This webinar will share strategies to help you discover Gale In Context primary sources and use these documents to enhance course instruction and assignments.

Register at https://cengage.zoom.us/webinar/register/9115973287250/WN_DMrFmAPhS5CJobUIfLGZXQ

Transparent Language Online: Reporting, Adoption, and Usage

Tuesday, September 29, 2020: 9-10am CT/ 10-11am ET

Trying to promote and measure interest in Transparent Language Online in your library community? This webinar will focus on reporting and adoption of Transparent Language Online within your library. We will look at types of reports that admins can generate and the types of information each report will give you (including our new Circulation report!). We’ll also show you how to schedule reports so that they can be delivered right to your email for convenience! We will also look at marketing tactics for increasing adoption and usage of Transparent Language Online.

Need access to archived webinars  -

World Book

Gale

Transparent Language

ProQuest

Thanks!

Andrea

Andrea Zielke

TEL Administrator

Tennessee Electronic Library

Tennessee State Library and Archives

Office of Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett

403 7th Avenue North

Nashville, TN 37243

Phone: 615-532-4627

Fax: 615-532-9904

This electronic mail may be subject to the Tennessee Public Records Act, Tenn. Code Ann. §10-7-503 et seq.  Any reply to this email may also be subject to this act.

The mission of the Office of the Secretary of State is to exceed the expectations of our customers, the taxpayers, by operating at the highest levels of accuracy, cost-effectiveness, and accountability in a customer-centered environment.

www.facebook.com/TennesseeSecretaryofState

www.facebook.com/TNStateLibraryArchives/timeline