[External Email]

Classes

Live webinars, free information sessions, and demonstrations

View Our Scheduled Classes

Classes Spotlight:

Make That Decision: Strategies for Becoming a Better Decision Maker

October 28, 1:00 - 2:30 PM ET

One of the toughest tasks expected of library managers and leaders is to make good decisions. Whether the stakes are small or significant, getting the decision right will enable library workers to make the best possible use of library resources for great service delivery. Effective leaders decide within reasonable timeframes, avoid analysis paralysis and achieve fair, practical resolutions. This two-hour webinar introduces participants to the art of decision making through the exploration of time-tested approaches to making thoughtful, service-centric decisions.

As there is no exact science to decision making, leaders will want to equip themselves with several strategies to guide their personal decision-making process. Attendees will explore decision-making practices such as:

  • Risk taking perspective (the waterline approach)
  • Slow decision making
  • Avoiding paralysis
  • Collaborative decision making
  • Prioritizing decisions
  • Assessing decisions

LYRASIS Learning

Did you know that you can access all of our classes listed above, and all our past classes, for one annual fee for your whole institution? Subscribe to LYRASIS Learning to access everything. Find more information here or contact [log in to unmask]

LYRASIS | 1438 West Peachtree Street, NW, Suite 150, Atlanta, GA 30309