From: Geo for Good Summit 2020 <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, Sep 17, 2020 at 7:44 PM
Subject: [GeoforGood2020] Geo for Good Summit 2020: Agenda and Virtual Meetups
To: Geo for Good Summit 2020 <[log in to unmask]>

Hello everyone,

Congratulations again to everyone who will be participating in the Geo for Good Summit next month. We are looking forward to working with you all! We’ll be sending you more information in the weeks leading up to the event, but we have just a few items to share with you now.

Applications close September 25th
Please let your colleagues know that applications close Friday September 25th. If they can’t make it, no worries - we’ll make all the talks available on demand to the public after the event ends.

Agenda
Our agenda is still a work-in-progress however we wanted to share it with you now so that you can begin to plan your time on October 20-21st. We plan to offer two broadcast times for our Summit talks so that we can connect with as many of you around the globe as possible.

Our “Region 1” broadcast will kick off at around 8am Pacific Standard Time on October 20th and end around 2pm PST. Our “Region 2” broadcast will begin around 8pm PST on October 20th and end around 2am PST on October 21st. Both broadcasts will offer a live textual Q&A so that Googlers can respond to your questions in real-time.

You can now explore the agenda on the conference website but please be aware that specific session times may change slightly over the next few weeks. The run time may expand as we build breaks and breathing room into our agenda.

Virtual Meetups
In addition to the broadcasted talks on Day 1, we’ll also offer a variety of different activities throughout both days of the Summit, including Virtual Meetups, Office Hours and a Poster Gallery. We’ll be sharing more information about these activities in the upcoming weeks but I wanted to highlight Virtual Meetups today:

A Virtual Meetup is an online meetup - self-hosted by Geo for Good Summit participants to connect face-to-face with other participants. To learn more, please visit the Virtual Meetups tab on our conference site and attend our briefing session* next week on September 22nd, 3:30pm PST (if you can’t make this time, you’ll be able to watch it on demand).

*Note: The briefing session event is private, available only to registered Geo for Good participants. You have been whitelisted for the event page with the same Google account you are using with this Google Group. For that reason, you will need to sign in with this Google account when you click through to the event page.

If you have any issues accessing the page or any other questions, please reach out to us at [log in to unmask]!

All the best,
Raleigh Seamster, on behalf of Google Earth Outreach
Geo for Good Summit
#GeoForGood20