Greetings all campus communicators,

Environmental Health & Safety is improving communications this academic year with an annual theme, "Safety begins between the ears". This theme is attributed to the father, John Sargent, of a recently retired EHS staff member, Pam Koontz. He developed the slogan as part of a company slogan competition in the 1960's. We hope that is will provoke some thoughts about how good health and safety practices are instilled into our culture. It will also serve as the anchor for monthly themes.

Each month EHS will offer communications and resources around a specific domain related to health, safety, or environmental compliance and stewardship. For the duration of the month of September we will be supporting the UT Health and Wellness Campaign<https://ehs.utk.edu/index.php/2020/09/11/ehs-supports-ut-health-and-wellness-campaign/> to promote Mask Up, Vols Help Vols, and Keep Rocky Top Safe. Although this month is primarily support for this program, we hope that you will help us share each effort for each month.

We will be working on improving our social media outlets, but feel free to visit and like our Facebook Page<https://www.facebook.com/utkehs/>.

Thanks to all, and have a great weekend,

James M. Cantu, M.S., CIT, CHMM
Training, Development & Communications Manager
Environmental Health & Safety
1425 Tee Martin Drive
414 East Stadium Hall
University of Tennessee, Knoxville
865.974.5084
[EHS-EmailSignatureONLY-Logo A]
[2020.09 SignatureA]

To view the CAMPCOMM archives or Join/Leave the list:
http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/campcomm.html