[External Email]

Hi-

There is some great webinars coming up! World Book has a plethora of webinars to support students – I’ve listed a few below.  All webinars will be recorded.

Taking World Book Offline

Monday, Aug 24, 2020 10:30 AM - 11:00 AM CT/11:30 AM – Noon ET

No internet? Not enough devices to go around? Trying to limit screen time? No problem! We have plenty of printable activities that can be done off-line. Join us for ideas on how to take World Book off-line and make it accessible for all students.

Get to Know Gale Presents: Peterson’s Career Prep

Wednesday, August 26, 2020: Noon-12:30pm CT/ 1-1:30pm ET

1-1:30pm

Gale Presents: Peterson’s Career Prep supports users building resumes, job hunting, or searching for new careers. In this webinar we will explore the user-friendly tools available to discover career paths and craft professional resumes and job application materials.

Getting Started with Transparent Language Online

Wednesday, August 26, 2020: 1-2pm CT/ 2-3pm ET

Just getting started with Transparent Language Online, or training someone new? In this webinar, we will cover a basic introduction (or refresher!) to the Transparent Language Online for Libraries system. We will look at various aspects of learning dashboard and dive into some of the great learning activities available – specifically highlighting speaking and typing. We will also highlight some recent updates to Transparent Language Online, for those who are joining us again!

Supporting Your ELL Community with Transparent Language Online

Tuesday, September 1, 2020: 9-10am CT/ 10-11am ET

Does your library support a growing community of English Language Learners (ELLs)? In this webinar, we will discuss the language pairings (30+) available for non-English speakers to learn at the beginner level, as well as discuss higher-level content for English learners, including Intermediate and Advanced Conversations in English and our American Citizenship Test Prep Course.

Use World Book Online with Google Classroom

Monday, Sep 7, 2020 11:00 AM - 11:45 AM CT/ Noon- 12:45 PM ET

Do you use Google Classroom with your students?  Did you know World Book integrates with Google Classroom?  Come learn how to easily create assignments, have students turn in content, and more!

Supporting Young Learners (K-12) with Transparent Language Online

Thursday, September 17, 2013: 1-2pm CT/ 2-3pm ET

Did you know that Transparent Language Online has learning content specifically designed for young learners? In this webinar, we’ll explore the available content for different ages, including K-2, elementary, and teens. We will look at how the content differs for each age range and review what supplemental resources are available.

Transparent Language Online: Reporting, Adoption, and Usage

Tuesday, September 29, 2020: 9-10am CT/ 10-11am ET

Trying to promote and measure interest in Transparent Language Online in your library community? This webinar will focus on reporting and adoption of Transparent Language Online within your library. We will look at types of reports that admins can generate and the types of information each report will give you (including our new Circulation report!). We’ll also show you how to schedule reports so that they can be delivered right to your email for convenience! We will also look at marketing tactics for increasing adoption and usage of Transparent Language Online.

Need access to archived webinars  -

World Book

Gale

Transparent Language

ProQuest

Thanks!

Andrea

Andrea Zielke

TEL Administrator

Tennessee Electronic Library

Tennessee State Library and Archives

Office of Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett

403 7th Avenue North

Nashville, TN 37243

Phone: 615-532-4627

Fax: 615-532-9904

This electronic mail may be subject to the Tennessee Public Records Act, Tenn. Code Ann. §10-7-503 et seq.  Any reply to this email may also be subject to this act.

The mission of the Office of the Secretary of State is to exceed the expectations of our customers, the taxpayers, by operating at the highest levels of accuracy, cost-effectiveness, and accountability in a customer-centered environment.

www.facebook.com/TennesseeSecretaryofState

www.facebook.com/TNStateLibraryArchives/timeline