Hello everyone,
To continue to foster an inclusive and welcoming environment at SIS, you now have the option to add your pronouns to your SIS “GTA/Doctoral” directory listing (the faculty and staff have begun opting in, as you can see at:  https://sis.utk.edu/people?staff-category=faculty).

Some benefits of announcing your pronoun preferences, as shared in the Pride Center’s Safe Zone program<https://pridecenter.utk.edu/programming/safezone/>, are that:

  *   It helps to break the assumption that gender expression = gender identity.
  *   It contributes to a culture of inclusivity and understanding of gender diversity.
  *   It ensures that transgender and nonbinary people are not the only ones sharing their pronouns, "othering" them.
  *   It helps normalize sharing and asking for pronouns in everyday settings.

If you would like to add your pronouns to your directory listing, just contact Hillary Tune ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>), and share your pronouns with her (e.g., She/Her/Hers; He/Him/His; They/Them/Their; or other variation). She can also help you update any other directory information, if needed.

And as always, as the Diversity &Inclusion Officer at the School, don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions, comments, suggestions etc.. I also invite you to check out our updated Diversity & Inclusion webpage<https://sis.utk.edu/diversity-inclusion> for more information on initiatives at the School, College, University and in our Knoxville Community. You can also find some select Diversity & Inclusion Instructional Resources, under Teaching, on our Faculty Central webpage<https://sis.utk.edu/faculty-resources>.

Cheers,
Carolyn

--
Carolyn Hank, Ph.D.
Pronouns: she, her, hers

Assistant Professor
School of Information Sciences
University of Tennessee
420B Communications Building
1345 Circle Park Drive
Knoxville TN 37996-0341

865-974-4049 (office)
865-242-7170 (mobile)
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> (email)

[facebook30]<https://www.facebook.com/UTKSIS/>  [instagramupdated] <https://www.instagram.com/utk_sis/>   [twitter30] <https://twitter.com/UTKSIS>   [linkedinlogo30] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/utksis/>
[twolinelogospacer]<https://www.sis.utk.edu/>