Apologies on the late notice, I just found out about this today. See below for the details of the NACIS student mapping contest. Deadline is fast approaching.

MC

From: Martha Bostwick <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2020 4:03 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: NACIS Student Mapping Competitions - please forward to eligible students!

[External Email]

Dear Educators,

The NACIS (North American Cartographic Information Society) annual conference is fast approaching, and with it our Student Mapping Competitions. Deadline for competitions is August 31, 2020. We ask that you forward this email on to any of your students whom you think may be interested in entering the competitions. Details and links below.

Our conference is virtual this year, and will be free for any NACIS members. Annual membership rates are $50USD for a general member, and only $20 for students. We highly encourage you and your students to register and participate in the conference!

Conference Details:

https://nacis.org/annual-meeting/current-meeting/

Student Map and Poster Competition:

This competition is for students who have created static print maps or posters in the 2019-2020 academic year. In a typical year, the print maps are displayed in person at our conference Map Gallery. This year, with our virtual meeting, a digital version will appear in an online gallery. There are two, $500USD prizes to be won: for Cartographic Design and for Research.

https://nacis.org/awards/student-map-and-poster-competition/

Student Dynamic Mapping Competition:

This competition is open to students who have created any digital, screen-viewed dynamic, online, or interactive map in the 2019-2020 academic year. There are two, $500USD prizes to be won: Individual entries and Group Entries.

https://nacis.org/awards/student-dynamic-map-competition/

If you or your students have any questions regarding the competitions, please contact Mary Beth Cunha or Martha Bostwick at [log in to unmask] for assistance.

--

Martha Bostwick

NACIS Associate Business Manager

Map Gallery Coordinator, 2020